Now start to stream ShowBox to Chromecast with this quick guide. If you had Chromecast and ShowBox all along installed on your device for a while then you missed out all the fun. Since ShowBox has the ability to stream HD Movies and Shows on your TV/ Monitor by using Google Chromecast.
Some might still use the older version of ShowBox on their device and if you are one among them, please update ShowBox to the latest version which is completely free of bugs.
Chromecast introduced by Google back in 2013 which acts as a gateway for streaming content. You can use it by connecting it to HDMI port of your Smart TV and join to your home’s network.
Finally, from your mobile device, you can ‘cast’ any content onto the TV.
Before getting started, make sure Is ShowBox safe and legal to stream Movies and TV Shows? This could help you to move further.
ShowBox lets you stream to any Chromecast enabled devices like Apple TV, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, Sonos, Nexus Player, including the Google Cast etc.
To enable ShowBox Chromecast you must meet few requirements,
- Plug the Chromecast device onto your TV. Ensure that you have Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra if you use a High-End device. Avoid using Chromecast Audio since it only supports Audio Streaming.
- Download and Install LocalCast for Chromecast on your Android Device.
- Ensure Dedicated Internet Connection.
- Both Devices must be on the same WiFi Network.
Note: If you had been using MX Player to cast movies to Chromecast in the older version of the ShowBox app after updating to any newer version you will find this feature removed.
In order to Fix ShowBox for Chromecast MX Player not working you need to install the GrowBox for Show Box which works similar to MX Player but lets you cast videos onto the TV. Install Allcast to support the cast function.
Now we will be discussing the latest method to stream in ShowBox by using LocalCast for Chromecast and then older method(MX Player). Before we begin, to install any app from an external source or third-party markets do the following.
- Open your App Drawer on your Android Device.
- Tap on the Settings app.
- Now navigate and tap on the Security Option.
- Under the Device Administration Tab, Enable the Unknown sources.
Now proceed with the below latest method for Chromecasting.
How to Stream ShowBox to Chromecast using Localcast
- Download and Install the LocalCast for Chromecast directly from the Play Store.
- I hope you had already installed ShowBox APK proceed below, else download and install it now.
- Open ShowBox and Select any Video.
- Tap on the Options button.
- In that Choose the Default Player Settings to be ‘Other Player‘.
- Tap on Close.
- Click on the ‘Watch Now‘ Button.
- Now you will be prompted with the list of apps to open the stream.
- Select ‘Open with LocalCast‘ – Just Once or Always (Can be Changed in Settings).
- Now Scan Active: Google Cast.
- Tap on the displayed Chromecast device and stream will automatically start to play which can be controlled using the media buttons.
Tool Tip: Using LocalCast you can cast videos to DLNA Renderers (eg: Smart TVs, Sonos, Xbox, Fire TV), Roku, and Apple TV.
How to Stream ShowBox to Chromecast using GrowBox via AllCast
This method is old and depreciated. Since it involves installing two apps – GrowBox and AllCast. GrowBox replaced by MX Player because it doesn’t cast the stream. Anyways I will leave it to your decision.
- First, you need to Uninstall MX Player. Since GrowBox doesn’t work well.
- Hope you had already enabled Unknown Sources Installation.
- Download the GrowBox APK and Install it.
- Directly Download AllCast app from the Google Play Store.
- Open any video in Show Box and tap on Player settings.
- Choose ‘Other Player’ option.
- Tap on ‘Watch Now‘ Button.
- Select GrowBox app.
- Now Open with AllCast.
- Select the desired Chromecast Player.
- Now the streaming will start and you can control the video using the app.
Sometimes, this app may misbehave. To avoid such related issue, check Is ShowBox Not Working? App Not Loading, Captcha Errors – Fix Now. By reading this article, you could have solved the issue without any hustle.
If you had followed the first method then it would have been a piece of cake to stream ShowBox to ChromeCast. Since the second method might have depreciated with the older versions of ShowBox app. Sometimes users have complained that they were able to cast to a device but streams are getting interrupted. That’s why we insist you to use ShowBox with VPN to avoid the hassle.
If you are interested in using ShowBox alternative apps, you can read this guide: 11 Best ShowBox Alternatives & Apps Like ShowBox To Stream Movies, And TV Shows
Any errors or issues you can ping us in the comment box below. Do Feel Free. Happy Streaming!